Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7700k low performance

Hello,

I have a new build. My 7700k seems to be not be performing as intended. I have lower than expected performance in games and in PerformanceTest 9.0. and also a few other performance test softwares. My other hardware seems to be performing as expected.CPU results:

This is with an Asus EZ overclock (15%). I did notice better performance after this small overclock. I do not intend to overclock my CPU, this was just for testing purposes. As seen here, the Prime Numbers and Physics are performing badly. The overall score is quite a bit below the average for the CPU.

I have a fresh Windows 10 install. New display drivers and chipset drivers. BIOS is the 2nd newest version, supports the 7700k.

Can the CPU be faulty? Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Intel Core i7-7700K

ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2

2 x 16,384 MB Corsair DDR4 @ 2,138 MHz

750 GB SSD

i just put mine in and had about the same but checked the BIOS and hyper-threading was NOT enabled. once i changed that i got about 2000 more on the CPU tests. BTW, no over-clocking on my system.

Comment

See this post to start with
      Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

the Prime Numbers and Physics are performing badly
      This can be caused by a bad RAM setup. e.g. not having the RAM in the optimal slots to take advantage of dual channel mode.

Comment

i just put a single ram stick in the second channel and my scores dropped. i have another stick coming monday and maybe if i fill the second channel it will boost it to full potential. anyone heard of this before? i had upper 11,000 but it went down to low 10,000. had 2x4GB in channel one then added 1x4GB to second channel.
        Last edited by aap34798; Mar-30-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

also, i just caught something by accident, "rapid mode is not functioning as intended due to system internal errors. please disable rapid mode."
          that is the message i have from an information box/circle on samsung magician for my ssd. i refreshed the system compatibility mode on magician and it did not indicate any compatibility problems.

Comment

Originally posted by aap34798 View Post
            also, i just caught something by accident, "rapid mode is not functioning as intended due to system internal errors. please disable rapid mode."
            that is the message i have from an information box/circle on samsung magician for my ssd. i refreshed the system compatibility mode on magician and it did not indicate any compatibility problems.
            this post is incongruent because it does not reflect the unit involved in the previous post. you see, i just happened to be running 2 computers from the same monitor and unknowingly was on the other unit with this problem.

Comment

3 RAM sticks aren't not optimal for this CPU. See how it goes with 4.

Comment

now that i have channel 2 fully populated i'm getting in the low 12000s which is better than low 10000s with the three sticks. thanks for looking into it David.
                P.S. i wish there was a way to find all posts that a user has done over time and not just recent. i know i have not posted anything substantial but i do the same in automotive forums and it's interesting to see my thought process with a little bit of hindsight. these forums are exciting because everyone helps each other by introducing their problems and getting somebody that has been in the trenches to help with their experience fighting the battle so the incoming troops don't get overwhelmed. thanks everyone, and call for reinforcements if the battle gets furious.

Comment

Working...
                X