Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd issue with the GPU Compute test. (May not be the test's fault)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd issue with the GPU Compute test. (May not be the test's fault)

So essentially what is happening is that every time I try to run the GPU compute test, it opens and runs for maybe a second before the whole computer turns off and reboots. No BSOD, no warnings, no weird messages upon booting, no error codes anywhere. Upon reboot, the computer acts as normal. The only noticeable thing that might seem "wrong" is some pretty noisy coil whine coming from the GPU as the benchmark runs for the two or so seconds that it does before the computer restarts. Something else I came across as well is the same thing happening when doing certain things in the CoD: WWII campaign. For example, a restart of the same exact fashion would happen every time I opened this specific door in one part of the campaign, and it seemed to be literally only when I opened that one door. I'm now a later part in the campaign where I'm flying a plane, and it seems to happen at random points while I'm flying as well (I haven't been able to get through the mission as of yet because of this). I checked the windows event logger and no errors or criticals were reported, other than that the kernel lost power suddenly without warning, which points to it having to be some sort of hardware problem, I'm just lost on what exactly the problem might be. Back on the topic of the PerformanceTest, I was able to run every single other test in the program: all the CPU Mark, 2D Mark, 3D Mark, Memory Mark, and Disk Mark tests with the exception of the GPU Compute test. That was the only test out of the whole suite that would cause this to happen, and it has caused it to happen every single time I've attempted to ran the test without fail. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening here? I'm definitely thinking that it must be something PSU or GPU related, is there any way I might be able to figure out which?

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming RGB
    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 5GHz(Delidded)
    GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0
    Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000Mhz
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    PSU: EVGA 750 B2
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Blue
    SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe

Intel Core i7-7700k @ 5GHz(Delidded)
    First obvious thing to do is remove the overclocking on the CPU and see if that helps. I know from long experience that overclockers never think their overclocking might lead to stability issues. But sometime it does. It might not be the problem, but it is the first easy step to investigate the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X