Lower passmark scores since win 10 fall update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower passmark scores since win 10 fall update

Previous to the fall update in September I benched my pc. After testing my pc the other day I noticed my cpu bench and memory bench were below normal scores.
    Most notably single threaded performance. It's down by 100, which is too much to be considered margin of error.
    I decided to test with a fresh install on a different drive to see if It was system related and sure enough my scores were back to the original norm.

I proceeded to test by cleaning out services and junk, virus and malware scan and just about everything I could think of to see if some background interference was causing the dip in score.

Nothing has worked.

I tested cpu-z bench also and the results were less obvious but still favouring the fresh install.
    Tests have been repeated multiple times.
    Might try a 3dmark test next to see if it affects gaming.

My question to anyone who might know is, could this just be a compatibility glitch with some type of registry change or framework?

You didn't mention what hardware you had, nor what the actual scores were. So it is hard to judge how significant a change of 100 is. I suspect it is smaller than a 5% change.

When you are looking a the cause for very small changes like this, you need to have a very careful measurement methodology. Window's background tasks which run from time to time can easily account for 5%.

One way to improve accuracy is to run each test 10 times and take the average, or the max. This is an options from the preferences menu in PerformanceTest.

Comment

Working...
    X