• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocz - revodrive 3 benchmark

I have a revodrive 3 x2 i am getting a rating of 4157
    read of 387
    write of 319
    seek rw of 442
    I thought this was the 8370 passmark rating like the one on the passmark hard drive benchmark what happened my vertex 3 got 3617

On OCZ's web site they are claiming speeds of up to 1500MB/sec.

In our opinion, this is a bit misleading, as in normal use on a typical PC I think it would be extremely rare that it gets even close to these speeds.

We benchmark them more around 500 - 1100MB/sec.
    (DiskMark of ~5500 to ~10,000).

Not sure exactly why there is such a wide variance.

What I suspect however is that the performance at these high speeds is also dependent on the CPU type. Slow CPUs might not keep up. Some people might have also plugged them into a x1 or x2 PCI slot. Or it might be firmware, or BIOS settings, or the old 4K sector alignment issue.

I think it is worth investigating in more detail.

I can see some posts over at the OCZ forum of other people complaining.
    For example,
    http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?93422-Very-Slow-OCZ-Revodrive-X2-220GB/page2
    The claim seems to be that there are a number of sub-models that use different flash RAM on the board. Some (it is claimed) are 3 times faster than others.

Comment

oops put this in another forum

Disk Mark
      #28863 - ATA OCZ-REVODRIVE3 X SCSI Disk Device (480GB) 9802
      My Baseline (2012-12-21) (2) 4053

I took out my second Gpu and put my REVODRIVE3 X in its place. As you can see big change in score. Now I have a Asus crosshair v formula MB what would be the best PCI slots to put my 2 GPUs then my REVODRIVE3 X for the best performance.

Comment

So the speed increase 3 fold after moving the Revodrive to a x16 PCIe slot. A good result. Write speeds still don't match OCZ's claims. But this is to be expected, and the 1083MB/Sec figure is pretty good.

According to the specs the Asus crosshair V has 3 x PCIe x16. But it seems you can't run them all at x16 at the same time. But they claim x16/x8/x8 is possible however.

Comment

so should i put the gpus in the x8 x8 and REVODRIVE3 in x16
          at new egg they are saying Max Sequential ReadUp to 1500 MB/sMax Sequential WriteUp to 1250 MB/s

Comment

In theory it shouldn't matter too much.

PCIe 2.1 x8 = ~4000MB/sec
            PCIe 2.1 x16 = ~8000MB/sec

They both exceed what the Revo and your video cards should, in theory, need.

Comment

It seems to matter

Comment

Working...
              X