Nvidia G-SYNC kills 3D performance in Performance test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia G-SYNC kills 3D performance in Performance test

Enabling G-SYNC kills 3d performance in Performance test 9 build 1023. Each version of DX is affected more the newer the version of DX being tested. If I run 3Dmark demo or any tests from the payed version there is less than 2% difference in the results with G-SYNC on or off. Seems strange to me, any ideas. See baseline # 952635 for basic system info. Some info may be incorrect do to driver updates etc.
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

G-SYNC limits the frame rate to the monitors maximum refresh rate. If you are running a 3D application that creates frames faster than the refresh rate, then the frame rate will be limited.

Comment

I'm new to G-SYNC so still learning. With what I understand you to be saying using my own possible backward logic I would think the older versions of directx would take the largest hit do to the high frame rates and the limit of 144hz. But its just the opposite. 144hz G-SYNC monitor has a greater hit in performance with G-SYNC on with DX12, frame rates in the 30 range. You would think any frame rates under 144hz would not be affected at all. Very strange IMHO. Big thing is I know G-SYNC should be disabled when bench testing or if you have performance problems in certain games. And thanks David as always your the man! P.S. I wish PT9 had an option to show the results in the old format. Much easier to work with and gives more info in one place.
      Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
      X