Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help understanding these scores!

Hi

I brought a cheap old system and have so far upgraded the Ram, Hard Drive and Graphics Card.

Since replacing a 160GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm with a 256GB M4 SATA SSD the Processor/CPU/Memory/Ram scores are lower than what they were before.

The PC appears faster but according to these scores it shouldn't be and although it says 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs) ~ 1.8GHz it used to say 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs) ~ 4.8GHz or 2.4GHz

Is there a bottleneck or something else?

Thanks for any help - Here's some screenshots.

Yes, there is something wrong with the system.

The CPU benchmark score is only half of what it should be.

The CPU also appears to be under clocked. (1.8 Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz). This might be a BIOS setting, or a result of the CPU overheating and throttling down.

Comment

Originally the PC came with Kingston (2x2GB) DDR2-667MHz PC2-5300 240pin.

I replaced it with Corsair XMS2 (2x2GB) DDR2-800MHz PC2-6400 240pin - Latency of 5-5-5-18.

Thinking it was an upgrade (it's obviously not?) - however when I put the original Kingston Ram back in - everything is ok?

Comment

Faster RAM shouldn't cause the CPU to underclock. So there is something else going on in my opinion.

On the other hand the difference between PC2-5300 and PC2-6400 is going to be barely noticeable in normal use. So it isn't worth too much time investigating.

Comment

Working...
        X