zenfone 2 ZE551ML memory threaded test timed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zenfone 2 ZE551ML memory threaded test timed out

hello!! im working on a school project involving android speed testing with and without google, but a certain device im testing (asus zenfone 2 ZE551ML), it says test timed out for memory threaded meaning i can't get a full score or a memory score. my spreadsheet looks really sad without this information : [ any ideas? everything else comes out fine.

Which version of PerformanceTest Mobile are you using?

Comment

i'm using 2.0.1002

Comment

The timeout is likely because your device is not able to setup the test in time before 15 seconds has elapsed for the setup portion.

The Memory Threaded Test in PerformanceTest Mobile will create a thread for each detected core the device has. If your device has over 1GB of RAM, the test will try to use 256MB which is split evenly between all threads created. Each thread will then need to allocate the memory and initialize the buffer with the test data. All threads must complete this task within 15 seconds.

You can try a device restart before running PerformanceTest, this should cut down the amount of apps or background task that may be running on the device. Make sure you are on AC power as well, some phones have battery saving mode when not charging. You can also try manually running the Memory Threaded Test first by clicking the test to see if it timeout before proceeding with the other tests.

Comment

I restarted the device, and still nothing. it actually prompts to remove it from power saving mode and put it into performance to bench better. Running the test also results in timing out.

Comment

Sorry, can't think of much else to check. If it device cannot setup the test buffers within 15 seconds, there is not much in the current release that will bypass the behavior. We don't have the phone so it is hard to say what is causing the timeout (e.g. still allocating and initializing test data or process killed by Android OS, or something else).

Comment

Can you send email in? We'll see if we can't get debug build together that will extend the timeout to 1 minute.

Comment

I emailed in. Please let me know what I can do.

Comment

Update: Extending the timeout to 60 seconds for the threaded memory test allowed the test to complete. We will incorporate this fix in the next release. This should allow some other older devices to complete a full benchmark run.

Comment

Working...
                  X