hd 6950 question on my scores vs others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hd 6950 question on my scores vs others

How do i get my graphics 3d- directX 11 score to 1175248 operations per second like baseline #30311 On my pc with the same hd 6950 in crossfire x only gets 98 operations per second.

I am seeing a lot of the hd 6950s getting over 1000 plus points higher on the over all 3d mark and up to 700 points higher in the 2d graphics they are the same card with the same driver. And some lower as well. I am not sure if the brand name of the gpu is the difference, i know its not a amd intel thing with this issue.

That result for #30311 is invalid, there is no way any current video card could achieve a frame rate that high in the DX11 test. We had a look through the database and found 90 other baselines with similar erroneous results. This seemed to effect both AMD and Nvidia cards, the common feature amongst all these baselines is that the tests were run on Windows 8, so we believe there is some compatibility issue causing these results to sometimes appear. This bug effected 90 out of ~4500 baselines submitted from Win8 which had DX11 compatible cards, so it's not that common.

We're looking into what might be causing this, however we haven't been able to replicate it locally so until we can get in contact with someone who has encountered this issue we probably won't be able to fix it.

As for the rest of your question, there are a lot of things that can effect the 3D mark. For starters 3D graphics doesn't rely entirely on the video card and differences in other system components can cause the 3D score to change, CPU speed in particular is the second biggest factor in 3D performance. Additionally some baselines will be from people overclocking their video cards. Other than that we've compiled a general list of things that might be slowing down your PC http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...-for-a-slow-PC.

Comment

Ok I cant tell of a GPU is orverclocked on the tests how do I know if it is

Also how can I tell of a GPU is running in SLI or Crossfire

I am selling my two GPUs ( HD 6950 ) so I can get one bad one and I am trying to figure out the best one to get without being the guy who didnt read the benchmarks for GPUs correctly or a error in the benchmark
      Be nice if you could help me out so I dont make a costly mistake

Comment

Overclocking a GPU doesn't have a dramatic effect on the performance. It is generally only incremental changes of 5% - 10% better frame rates. Many video cards are now sold lightly 'overclocked'. So the definition of overclocked is a bit wishy washy. If all boards of model X are running at frequency Y, then frequency Y is really the standard frequency for the board. Even if it faster than another board from a different vendor. In any case we aren't display frequency at the moment.

We are listing all the video cards available however. So if you see 2 identical cards listed, it is a fairly sure sign they are SLI or Crossfire.

Comment

Working...
        X