How are the tests results averaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the tests results averaged?

How are the results of the various tests "avareged" to form the overall score? given that they are not directly comparable one can not simply add them up and divide by the number of tests. So how are the calculations done?

The calculation of the PassMark rating is more complex than a straight average.

Quoting from the Help file,

The "PassMark Rating" is a combination of the CPU, 2D, 3D, Memory and Disk Ratings, the bigger the number, the faster the computer. The exact formula for this calculation is as follows.
    1 / (((1 / (CPU Rating * 0.396566187)) + (1 / (2D Rating * 3.178718116)) + (1 / (3D Rating * 2.525195879)) + (1 / (Memory Rating * 1.757085479)) + (1 / (Disk Rating * 1.668158805)))/5)

There are additional details in the help file as some tests are optional.

Update: More details can be found in this post about the PassMark formula.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      The calculation of the PassMark rating is more complex than a straight average.

Quoting from the Help file,

There are additional details in the help file as some tests are optional.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
      thx that's nice to know but I meant how are the individual scores for CPU, Disk, etc averaged? each of these tests scores are an "average" of several other individual tests. Where is this help file? Do I need to install the program just to see the help file and thus start my 30day free trial? I'd like to know how the scores are calculated before considering if it's worthwhile to try it out.

Comment

The 30 day trial only starts when you run the software. Help file is in the install folder.
        But the other results are calculated in the same manner described above with different weightings.

Comment

Working...
        X