Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing

Trying to run PerformanceTest I have version 7 and I tried version 8 both crashes on the DX10 test. Running windows 8 Pro 64bit. Graphics card is a HD 7870 CPU 2500K overclocked to 4.6. Have updated all drivers.

There are no known problems with the DX10 test.

Can you try not having the GPU & CPU overclocked.

Comment

tried with the same results

Comment

Do you get any crashes with any other apps or 3D games?

Did you check the temperature on the video card and CPU?

Do you see anything at all on the screen. i.e. does the test start and run for a short period before crashing?

Did you get a crash dump that you can send us, or make available for us to download?

Comment

CPU temps hit a max of 70c with Prime95. Highest video card temp I've seen is 61c with overclock settings. I have had some games crash while trying to get a stable video card overclock. I now believe I have a stable overclock. PerformanceTest doesn't seem to crash so much now just a black screen at the DX10 test. Same with or with out the overclocking. Could Virtu MVP have anything to do with it?

Comment

Just got a crash with a dump https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251957/PerformanceTestx64-8.0-1013-20130205-082129-2964-4400.dmp

Comment

Would like to buy the upgrade from V7 to V8 but not tell I get working. Thanks for the help David.

Comment

Don't know if CPUZ info will help. http://valid.canardpc.com/2680620

Comment

That dropbox link doesn't appear to work.

Are you running a multi monitor setup, and if so is the primary desktop monitor not the one that the system identifies as monitor number 1? Also, are you able to run the DX10 test using the "Advanced->3D Graphics" menu option with the 'Windowed' checkbox enabled.

Comment

Don't know what happened the dump file was there this morning. If I get another one I will post it again. I am running a single 1080p TV as a monitor hooked up via hdmi. Yes it did run windowed.

Comment

Found if I Alt - Tab out of the black screen and back in it would start running. How's the results look? Any clue as to why this is happening?

Comment

We suspect the result you saw after Alt-tabbing isn't valid.

We aren't sure what the problem is. We haven't seen it on our in house systems.

But we have a lot of results from people with the same hardware as you on Win8. So it isn't a general problem.

So we think it must be something that is special about your machine. For example device driver versions or 3rd party software.

I note that you mentioned Virtu MVP. So I think this is worth turning this off for a while. On the Virtu MVP web site they make some seemingly outrageous claims about "HyperFormance - ...boost you game responsiveness by removing redundant rendering tasks in the pipeline". In my opinion this just doesn't make any sense. If there was obvious redundant rendering tasks, then game developers (and benchmark developers) would have already addressed them and removed them.

Comment

I got another dump file. Hopefully this one wont magically disappear. This was with no overclocking and no Virtu MVP.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16251957/PerformanceTestx64-8.0-1013-20130207-091337-2872-2736.dmp

Comment

Thanks but link still doesn't work for us.
                            We just get a 404 error.

Maybe it is something silly like you upload the file, then deleted the local file, then later on, behind your back, Dropbox does a sync and deletes the file from your Dropbox account?

Comment

Can you try the link again? I restored the file and figured out what is happening System Mechanic was deleting it as junk.
                              Last edited by RBJWOOD; Feb-08-2013, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X