Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Ram performance

Hi everybody !

I've got P5E3 PRO + F3-12800 CL7D-9GBXM @ 7-8-8-24. My computer is OC'd so that I get 1600 FSB and FSB RAM 1:2 (Ram @ 800 Mhz).

Nevertheless, I do not understand why my RAM would get a lesser result than computer #4 or #3, that has 8GB @ 800 Mhz, like me. Although the different motherboards could make sense in the score difference BUT I can't imagine why there would be such a dramatic difference.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8048/27092126.jpg

Any ideas ?

Thank you very much.

Some the memory benchmark tests also depend on the CPU type. Especially the threaded test and database operations. So I am guessing whatever CPU you have isn't top of the line.

The available RAM test is dependent on the free RAM available. So clearly your 8GB is going to be bested by 16GB.

From the screen shot it also looks like you failed to run one of the tests, Memory write. So this will pull down the overall score.

There might also be other factors as well. Like not running in dual channel mode.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Some the memory benchmark tests also depend on the CPU type. Especially the threaded test and database operations. So I am guessing whatever CPU you have isn't top of the line.

The available RAM test is dependent on the free RAM available. So clearly your 8GB is going to be bested by 16GB.

From the screen shot it also looks like you failed to run one of the tests, Memory write. So this will pull down the overall score.

There might also be other factors as well. Like not running in dual channel mode.
      I'm also getting low memory scores, however my scores are in line with the results for AMD CPU's, which I am using (FX 6100). What I can't understand is why AMD performance is, on average, 50 - 60% down on Intel benchmark scores for memory.

Other benchmarking software, namely SiSoft Sandra confirms that, in terms of bandwidth, my AMD / Corsair (CMZ16G3M2A1866C9) configuration is on par with Intel systems using the same memory.

Any advise on what causes the dramatically lower read / write speeds (AMD vs. Intel) in PassMark would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Not all Intel systems are faster.
        If you look at the current high end Intel systems, then they are faster.
        But if you go back a CPU generation or two then the results are pretty similar.

For example for the common Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB module all these CPUs get similar memory performance,
        Core i3 540
        Core i5 750
        Core i7 930
        Phenom II X6 1090T
        AMD FX-8320
        AMD FX-8350

But if you start comparing your FX 6100 with a i7-3770K then you can only expect a crushing defeat, in just about any measure of performance. The CPU itself is way faster and the memory bandwidth spec is also higher (21 vs 26GB/s). I suspect there is also some other factors at play as well. Maybe better caching?

Comment

Working...
        X