Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A logical drive not seen, but physical only, why ? (V8 Test)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A logical drive not seen, but physical only, why ? (V8 Test)

Hi,
    I just download for test V8.

In the disk advanced test I got a logical drive missing.

I have on my system (Driver letter in PassMark Dsik Thread settings)

Physical : 0 with two partitions seen (C & E) - 120Go (IDE)
    physical : 1 the NTFS partition is not seen : NTFS MBR 2Go (sata 2 on mother board)
    physical : 2 Partition 0 (G uses physical two SCSI disk (not seen individually) in raid 0 (270Go)

Why the partition of disk 1 is not seen, I cannot be tested
    Is not probably taken in account in overall performance.

Best regards

Trebly
    Last edited by Trebly; Mar-26-2013, 03:13 PM. Reason: precisions

Does Physical 1 have a drive letter assigned in Windows disk manager?

Comment

Not viewed disk has a logical letter but is a dynamic volume

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Does Physical 1 have a drive letter assigned in Windows disk manager?
      Hi,

Yes, but the particularity is that this disk, which is not viewed, even has a logical letter, is a dynamic volume (inside) used mainly for backup and large r/w sequential files.

Around
      I have this SATA disk of hight capacity (limited to 2To) on the machine which is used as a Web and local and ftp files server running with winXP sp3, simple and soft to manage for developments. I'd install new one...
      For Web server functions I use SCSI disks raid0 on a SCSI controller (viewed as one physical disk 2) which are very quick disks highly cached that are well seen but which I could not compare (could not get comparison for one lonely disk, only check, no benchmark) till now (not found howto).
      The disk benchmark of the machine is bad and not significant because is seems that only the main (system) disk is checked (while it is not solicited for most of operational actions).
      I will probably write about machines bench with several disks.

Best regards

Trebly

Comment

The main issue seems to be that PerformanceTest isn't testing the drive you want.
        This can be changed from the Edit Preferences window.

It would also be interesting to see what drives appear in the list in the preferences window.

Comment

The disk appears in preferences but not in advanced list

Summary
          All the disk are visible in preferences.
          But the defined disk in this thread (of which I am speaking as logical unit "Q:" for not to be ambiguous) doesn't appear in advanced disks list.

Details
          I had not seen (I begin to use the product) that the disk for main test could be selected in preferences.
          The disk appears in the preferences and I could get the standard informations and bench.

But it doesn't appear in "advanced":"disk"/"add thread"/"disks list"(combo).
          So for this disk I have no access to advanced bench and personalized test.

What I told about his definition can, I believe so, help you to explain why I don't see it into this list for advanced test.

Best regards

Trebly
          Last edited by Trebly; Apr-01-2013, 11:53 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Can you run PerformanceTest in debug mode as described on this page and email us the log files at the address listed here.

Could you also save a baseline ( File->Save Baseline... ) and send that as well.

Comment

Re: Disk not seen in Advanced disk bench list to build test thread

Hi,

I joins the logs to a mail

Best regards

Trebly

Comment

Working...
              X