Extra memory module reported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra memory module reported

I'm having a helluva time figuring out why my new system is running so slowly. I ran PeformanceTest 8.0 Eval Version and noticed that there is an extra memory module reported in slot 3. The total memory isn't affected, but was wondering if this is normal or if my mobo is glitched:

Memory Information:
    Total Physical Memory: 4030MB
    Available Physical Memory: 1159MB
    Memory Devices:
    Slot 1: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM PC2-6400
    G Skill Intl F2-6400CL6-2GBMQ
    SSTL 1.8V, Clk: 400.0MHz, Timings 6-6-6-18 (@ Max. freq.)

Slot 2: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM PC2-6400
    G Skill Intl F2-6400CL6-2GBMQ
    SSTL 1.8V, Clk: 400.0MHz, Timings 6-6-6-18 (@ Max. freq.)

Slot 3: DDR2, 2048MB, 800MHz,

Slot 4: Not populated

Can you turn on debugmode and EMail us the log fles.
    See,
    http://www.passmark.com/support/ptdebug.htm

Comment

Sent. Thank you for your time. A little history about this box. It was built in 2007. And it was a monster Recently two capacitors on the mobo leaked, ruining the mobo and shorting a drive. A replacement mobo (evga nForce 680i SLI) was $250, so I stepped down and got a refurbed Intel DP965LT. Since rebuilding and replacing the HDD, it is running horribly. I've run tests on the GPU (3DMark and FurMark)and the CPU (Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool) and both seem to be working. Still, well, you'll see how horrible the marks are.

Again, thanks! I am definitely buying PerformanceTest and adding to my diagnostic suite!

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Can you turn on debugmode and EMail us the log fles.
      See,
      http://www.passmark.com/support/ptdebug.htm

Comment

Based on the logs this issue with the additional RAM module is just a display bug that affects some systems. It should be fixed in the next patch release.

Comment

Bummer. Was hoping that I had found the smoking gun. Those are some horrible test results. I'll upload them as soon as I get enough cash to buy the app.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Michael (Passmark) View Post
          Based on the logs this issue with the additional RAM module is just a display bug that affects some systems. It should be fixed in the next patch release.

Comment

You don't actually need to purchase the app to upload results.

Comment

Thanks for your help -- turns out there was a BIOS update that fixed everything wrong. /facepalm for missing that...

Comment

Working...
              X