Is there a way to bypass the OpenCL test on version 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to bypass the OpenCL test on version 9

I am currently building out a VMWare Horizon View environment with Nvidia Grid cards. Created some automation scripts to launch PT on 20+ systems though-out the day to stress test environment before we go into production, however these tests are stalling because of the OpenCL Test error (see below). Now the drivers with these GPUs does not support OpenCL. Is there away to bypass the OpenCL test and still do the 3D test?

Error message is: An Error occurred during the OpenCL test. Your card may not support OpenCL, or the graphic driver maybe out of date.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
    DB

There is no way to specifically disable the just the OpenCL test. A workaround would to start PerformanceTest with a script that runs all the other tests individually and not the Direct Compute test set (which OpenCL test is included in). See the Scripting section in the help file for available commands.

Also consider taking a look at BurnInTest. If you are looking to stress test your system, BurnInTest is our recommended software for this purpose.

Comment

Thanks I will give BurnInTest a try. Also would you be able to provide an example of the script?

Comment

There are examples in the scripting section of the Help File. Something along the following should run all the tests besides the Direct Compute/OpenCL

Code:
        #Run all tests, excluding the 3D test

RUN CPU_ALL
        RUN G2D_ALL

RUN G3D_DX9
        RUN G3D_DX10
        RUN G3D_DX11
        RUN G3D_DX12

RUN ME_ALL
        RUN DI_ALL
        Save it as <filename>.ptscript. Then you can start it with PerformanceTest64.exe /s <script_file>, <script_file> is the full path to the script file.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Okay thanks for the script , but why does my set up create this message. ? I have a Vega 56 with a 64 bios and and i5 4670k with MSI z97x gaming5 mobo, before I placed this video and I never had problems with oassmapa

Comment

Originally posted by Revi View Post
              Okay thanks for the script , but why does my set up create this message. ? I have a Vega 56 with a 64 bios and and i5 4670k with MSI z97x gaming5 mobo, before I placed this video and I never had problems with oassmapa
              And I have the latest neccenece driver of amd, does this message that occurred when doing the opencl test mean my card does not support opencl ?

Comment

We don't know what oassmapa is, sorry.

If you see the the message, "Your card may not support OpenCL", then likely this is really the case. Support is not available. If support is claimed by the vendor, then this would usually this means the driver is missing.

Comment

Working...
                X