Main screen making my PSU buzz/squeal :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main screen making my PSU buzz/squeal :S

hi all,im a bot confused as to whats happening,but when i start up performance test 8 when im on the main screen,were your motherboard spins round with your components on it,my psu makes this loud buzz,squealing noise.if i go on any other tab like summary or system its fine.someone i do hear a buzzing at random times when not moving my mouse,but if i keep moving my mouse it goes.Is this a bug with the benchmark program or my psu?

Maybe it is the fan on the video card spinning up, or the fan in the PSU.

The 3D interface would load up the video card, drawing more power from the PSU and generating more heat. So the fans might be running faster to keep the machine cool.

The other thing that happens at startup is that the system information about your drives is collected. Any drive that was asleep and spun down, will startup briefly, making some noise.

Comment

yeh i thought that to as it detects everything etc.but i can run any other benchmark,even have my gfx card at 100% with the fan going fast and it doesnt produce this noise.i also have 4 cases fans,a huge one at the front and top,smaller one on side and bottem and my temps are really gd even on full load.Wonder if my psu is faulty as it sometimes buzzes when i dont move my mouse,then i move my mouse and it stops while moving it.

Comment

Really, a PSU should never make any significant noise. Just a small amount of fan noise which should not be noticeable. If you are really sure the noise if from the PSU then either replace it or fix it. The first thing to check is if some cable or foreign object is touching the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
          Really, a PSU should never make any significant noise. Just a small amount of fan noise which should not be noticeable. If you are really sure the noise if from the PSU then either replace it or fix it. The first thing to check is if some cable or foreign object it touching the fan.
          think il just replace it dont want to take a chance tbh,and seeing as my ram benchmark is really bad.on your passmark benchmarks the ram i bought is getting 25 ns latency.im getting 60 on my benchmark :S.useing a fx 8350 4 ghz as well just thought id ask incase it was a bug or something

Comment

The AMD chips don't do so well on the memory benchmarks.
            See,
            http://www.memorybenchmark.net/

60ns is about what to expect with the FX 8350

Comment

aww that sucks,i thought i saved money useing my amd motherboard and buying a fx 8350 with simular performance as intel for half the price lol.no wonder intel are so expensive

Comment

Working...
              X