Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my cpu results

Hi,
    I was wondering why my cpu scored so low in comparaison of the average result.
    Cpu is i7-6700k and scored 9974 instead 11113 for average (single thread was 2400 so i'm happy with that)
    passmark link : https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=111100838957
    My motherboeard is an Asus Z170-P. I updated bios & chipset driver but even with turbo mode or with a little overclock i'm still around 10k.
    Is the issue coming from my motherboard, or is it something else? Because i think the difference is big enough to ask for more explanations if you don't mind to ^^
    Thank you!

Prime number benchmark result and physics result are low. These are the two tests that use the RAM the most.
    So I think you have something wrong with the RAM setup. For example, they are in the wrong slots and not in dual channel mode.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
      I remember I had a problem with rams when i built my pc, I followed manual instructions and pc didn't want to start.
      Recommended was channel A2 and B2 (for dual link). The only way to boot was to put A1 and A2 so I did that.
      Now i'm trying to solve this because it's not normal (both 8go rams are exactly the same model).
      Port A1 with 8go only works. Port B1 with 8go only works. But when I try A1 + B1 or A2 + B2 the pc won't boot.
      Is there an option or something i'm missing in bios configuration? I'm looking for it but I haven't found anything revelant at the moment.

MB Manual : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...031.1542658336

Comment

Solved
        My rams didn't work on dual link slots, but they do if i change frequency to 1800mhz instead of 2133mhz
        new bench : https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=111136535886
        Thank you again for helping

Comment

Glad to be of service.

Comment

I can only run single channel. 2 x 8GB G.Skill trident Z XMP 3,000MHz. The reason is that 2 pins are slightly bent on the cpu socket. I can't be sure that it's my fault or not (foolishly I didn't check the socket and take a pic of it, which I usually do.)
            The good news is that it in fact makes little to no difference games for instance. i7 8086k delid at 5.3GHz, Taichi z370 and EVGA OCed 1080ti. The PC runs fine and has done for two months of heavy use.
            I would have thought single channel would be considerably worse than single, but in my case, it's pretty much irrelevant. I game, surf and do some work from home. It's only the gaming that works the PC, and I have every game including the most demanding but can still max everything with a frame rate no lower than 90fps, ave is higher. Doom with the hidden Nightmare setting (more than ultra) and at 1440p G-Sync 144Hz monitor the frame rates are over 100 most of time. I am very impressed, but somewhat perplexed that single channel (in my case at least) hasn't made any noticable difference from on line benches of same speed ram dual? I am very happy with my latest build.

Comment

With integrated video cards memory speeds are more important for gaming. Less so for a discrete card.
              Home work and web browsing won't load the memory. At least not typical homework.

Comment

Thanks again David. As a discrete card user only (GTX 1080ti) your comment above certainly ring true.

Comment

Working...
                X