Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Mark Significantly Lower On Same Disk After Fresh Windows 10 Install

Hi,

I recently re-installed Windows Professional 10 64-bit. My main hard drive is a Intel 660p Series 2TB M.2 SSD.

I ran a benchmark using PerformanceTest 8 before (red in screenshot) and after (green in screenshot) the fresh windows install, and now my disk marks are significantly lower and I have no clue why.

I've tried seemingly everything like clearing the disk cache, defragging, etc to no avail.

I'm tempted to just re-install windows at this point but that would be a pain given all my programs and games are installed and I just finished touch-ups on my settings, disabled telemetry adjusted privacy, set up my start menu and taskbar, etc....

Please let me know if you can think of any reason for these low disk marks and/or how to fix it- maybe I disabled or set to manual some sort of service I wasn't supposed to touch?

Thanks in advance,
    Danny

Adding full system information and benchmark results side-by-side (attached)

Comment

I would say that the current benchmarks (green) are correct and your previous results were possibly because of ram caching. Your current results line up with the marketing speeds for Intel SSD 600P Series of 1800 MB/s Sequential Read and Write.

Comment

Working...
      X