Low DirectX 9 Complex Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low DirectX 9 Complex Score

Hi, I have a custom built PC with AMD Phenom II x4 955, 4GB ram and a HD 6870 (1GB).
    I always get ~19 fps when im using windows 7 32 bit and ~20fps when i reinstall to windows 7 64bit.
    I've compared it too others and it's alot lower than others by 80%. My old HD 4830 is alot faster in that test but isn't faster in other test.
    So any idea why my score so low?
    Thanks.
    Sieu La

Update:Just switch the gfx to the other pci express slot and I got ~33 fps.Still don't know why it's that slow, others have about ~60fps so im slower by 50%. Still need help fixing it. Many thanks.
    Last edited by sieula; Jun-21-2013, 02:05 PM.

What RAM is in your machine?
    There are some people running DDR2 RAM with this CPU, and that can hurt the result.
    Also check the video card device driver is up to date.

Comment

Im using ddr3 ram in my system and the driver is 13.4 which is the latest version. I think the problem is that the pcie 2.0 is running at x2 not x16 and i installed the gfx into one of the pcie x16 slots in my system.Thanks for replying.

Comment

Well anyway thanks for the help. I got it fixed by cleaning the card's pcie connector ,the pcie slots and reset the cmos. Now it's running at full x16 and min is ~60fps and max is ~90fps but avg is ~65fps. Thanks for helping me.

Comment

Yes, PCI-E slot issues this is one of the items we have in our performance checklist post.

Comment

Working...
          X