No announcement yet.

The directx12 test uses the wrong GPU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The directx12 test uses the wrong GPU.

Hey PassMark, love your app but I am having a weird thing happen. As you can see I have two GPU's in my unit and the software uses the correct GPU (2080 ti) for every test except the DX12 test? I can find nowhere to force the GPU used for the test like you have for the hard drives? Maybe that too needs to be selectable? Or is this just a bug?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-03-26 164829.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	44284

Thanks for reading!

-Trent / axiomatic13

Generally PerformanceTest has very little control over what GPU is used, that is mostly controlled via the Nvidia control panel (on system with integrated/high performance cards) or what outputs are connected at the time.

Could you please launch PerformanceTest in debug mode, run the 3D tests and then and send us a copy of the log files that are generated.

Comment

Done. Had to put it on my gdrive as it was too big for your site. It's in my public folder so you should not get any security prompts.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DE...vZhr3rCtCl6T2k

Comment

There should also have been a PerfTestLog.txt file, could you please send that as well.

Comment

Sorry! Was traveling. Here you go.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, could you please try this updated build of the DX12 test and if it still chooses the wrong card please send us another log.
            You will need to unzip the updated test into the directory where you have installed PerformanceTest (eg C:\Program Files\PerformanceTest).

Comment

Hey Tim, that fixed it for sure! Will this fix make it to the release product eventually? Super pleased. Thank you for resolving this.

Comment

Yes, the fix is available in the just released 9.0 Build 1031.

Comment

Working...
                X