Could not reset the Direct 3D device - DirectX10 test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not reset the Direct 3D device - DirectX10 test

Just in case anyone else encounters the same problem.

We had one customer report to us that they were getting the error, "Could not reset the Direct3D device" while running the DirectX10 3D test in these particular conditions.
    • PerformanceTest V9
    • Windows 10 (release RS5 and 19H1_18392)
    • Intel i5-8365U CPU
    • Intel UHD Graphics 620, 1GB video RAM. 4K display, 3840 x 2160 desktop resolution.
    • Intel display driver v25.20.100.6471
    • Display scaling (DPI). 300%

The problem didn't happen at lower desktop resolution (e.g. 1080p). This is despite the fact that the desktop resolution should have no impact on the DX10 test, which always runs at 1680x1050 resolution. Lowing the DPI scaling to between 100% and 150% also fixed the problem, even when running at 4K.

While we don't know the exact cause of the problem, we suspect it is a video driver issue, or low video RAM situation. Unfortunately it only happened on a single laptop and we don't have an example of that laptop to investigate deeper.

If anyone else sees the problem, please let us know.

Came across this error with an RX 580 in a multi monitor setup. It only occured in the DX10 test and disabling the second monitor allowed the test to perform without error.

Comment

I have a Dell T3610 Workstation running a Xeon E5-1620 with Windows 10, hooked to a 60" 4k TV with a Quador K2000 video card,
      I too have run into the error mentioned above, and the only fix I found was to drop the resolution down to 1920x1080, then the test processed normally.
      If you want me to review settings and trial any fixes, let me know. I can send more detailed information about the tower and test-results at 4k and HD resolutions for you to compare.
      I have not tweaked any settings in Performance Test9.
      I have HT enabled.

Comment

We had another report of this issue today. "Could not reset the Direct3D device, press OK to cancel"

Windows 10 , with an Nvidia 2080 Ti GPU and an Intel i9-9900KS, 4K monitor.

The Windows patch level, exact driver version & monitor model where not shared.
        Switching from 150% DPI scaling to 100% scaling fixed the problem however.

Comment

Working...
        X