Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk based performance run time

Passmark,

I would like to first thank you for making a robust 64-bit version of the application.

That being said, I have a need for the disk benchmarking test to run longer then 1 hour, lets say 12 hours. I know this sounds more like a burn in then a benchmark and in reality it is, but I have looked at your burn-in suite and its not as flexablie as the benchmark suite is in testing the stroage.

Basically, I need to burn in a SAN. I'm not worried about the servers CPU or memory but more so, I need to put the SAN thru its paces and a 1 hour test run is not good enough to make sure its ready for production yet.

The burnin suite is not accomidating enough for the storage functions but the performance suite is. Is there a way i can run the storage tests in the benchmark suite to run for longer then 1 hour ?... If not, can you create a better stroage burn in test in the burn in application taking a page from the benchmark suite.

Regards,

LK-
    Storage Hog

You said it need to be 'better' but what is missing from BurnInTest that is preventing you from using it?

----
    David

Comment

What is found in the benchmarking suite and not the burn in suite is that the benchmarking suite allows for the ability to have multiple threads per volume, this is critical as it is hard to saturate 4 x 4Gbs FC ports otherwise and you can mimic the type of I/O you expect to have (%R vs %W).

LK-
      Storage Hog

Comment

Working...
      X