Directx 12 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directx 12 error

Just a few days ago I had to do a full clean windows 10 install....even then I was still having issues. Ended up purchasing a subscription to Reimage (had a promo code lol) and after the scan it found 38 registry SHARED DLL's (dont ask me...and I'm the only one on this PC) but it fixed the issues and I was able to start installing software n programs with everything running correctly. Last night I installed some much needed RAM (20GB now), wanting to know how my system was running I downloaded and ran the new "Performance test 9.0 Evaluation Version". Started off running the "test all" but after a few minutes my PC was just hung and forced a shutdown. Then I just ran the tests one at a time till finished. staring from the bottom going up I was horribly shocked at my #'s [MEM Mark 30%, 2D Mark 30%, CPU Mark 50%]...(address that in another post I guess)....but was feeling better when I ran the 3D Mark I was getting 78-85 percentile....UNTIL the DirectX 12 test and it threw me this "Unexpected error running DirectX 12 test: Error number #.2005270523" ??

While I did the normal online searches 99% of those have to do with gaming....I DON'T GAME! or (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG) but I didn't get that error. My rig was built for video editing/processing and I've never had this kind of error before. I use Davinci Resolve 15 daily among other editing software and have DirectX 12 support with my AMD crossfire for my dual RX 480's.

So any thoughts here would be greatly appreciated...Thanks, DarkJ
    Attached Files

Check to make sure your videocard drivers are updated.

Also if you have any screen capturing or GUI overlay software that you disable it.

Comment

A couple of additional points:
      The purpose of a DLL is to share code. So in that sense all DLLs are shared. There is no possible way you need to clean the Windows registry just after a clean install of Windows. Registry cleaners are for the most part a scam.

Memory mark might be low as you are probably not running in dual channel mode with the additional RAM.

Running dual low end video card rarely makes sense. They cause compatibility issues are you pretty much never get double the performance with two cards They also cause more heat, noise and power usage). You are better off with one good card.

Comment

all drivers are up to date as of Sunday at midnight. for those tests I had a total of 4 minimum software installs on PC no overlay or anti anything to interfere. The DLL errors were "shared full control permissions" sorry thought that was generally understood. I happen to notice after reading a ROG forum that my scans and software reading my info ALL except my Bios and Radeon adrenaline was reading my 6 core as a 3 core. Talked with AMD support and after a CMD command cleared that and everything started reading it as 6 cores.
        Yes I'm running dual channel 8gb 4gb, 8gb 4gb all Corsair all unbuffered. Running dual crossfire Radeon RX 480 8gb so not sure where you get the low end video card bit ( maybe in today's market ) Bought these new 2 yrs ago when I built my rig for around $700. Once I got it updated and up and running I've had it offline since before the MS Creators update.. been a true work horse averaging editing/processing 50-70hrs of video a week until the 1903 update and Asus"s mix n match software that through me out of whack. Just did a sys-restore and think I've got the bugs figured. will rerun tests soon.

Comment

I installed some much needed RAM (20GB now) ............ I'm running dual channel 8gb 4gb, 8gb 4gb
          8+4+8+4=24 (not 20).

no overlay or anti anything to interfere ....... Radeon adrenaline was reading my 6 core as a 3 core
          Do you know 'Adrenalin' includes a whole bunch of stuff. Including 'Relive' screen capture and streaming. We are aware of any problems with Relive, but other similar tools cause a lot of problems.

Radeon RX 480
          This is a 2016 card. True it isn't low end just yet. More mid range now compared to current cards. But my point still stands. 1 high end card it better than 2 low end cards (or mid range cards).

Comment

Sorry was on my phone and in the car when I wrote that...my VPN has been a little wonky since the reinstall. 8+2+8+2. As I don't game I've never installed any of the "extras" that are offered with the Radeon, just the basic package for updates/watt-man/modifying resolutions...it helps because I run 3 22" flat screens. Yeah I'll end replacing thos 480's, but more then likely it'll be a whole new DDR4 system. Honestly thou I've never had the slightest over heating issue, I split up the load between both..1 for editing and 1 for render&processing. That and my desk butts up to an AC vent that I modified to my back panel to blow directly into my tower...screw water cooling!

I pushed my last rig from the intro of windows 7 till feb/17...it was an unexpected hard drive crash and I threw this one together spur the moment to keep work going. Have tech family/friends so I think I only have like $1000 into it really not bad for everything I've got crammed in there. Also this is my first go at dealing with an AMD system. I missed the whole AMD issues with ASUS software and the Creators update...but it caught up with me after I did the 1903 on the 2nd of this month.

LOL they're support wasn't much help but I'm a tricky old bastard and after 2 days of re-installs and frustration my emails ended up in several developers inboxes. While I sent all the tech info to the Tier 4 support Mgr...waiting for them to create a fix...I just end up downloading about 40 something zip files from other AMD system utilities and Frankenstein coded my own AI Suie 3 software fix. LMAO support Mgr. called me asked if he could remote in to try and fix the issue, told him if they created a fix for my MOB and could send me a link to it I'd gladly install it...until then my I'm sticking with my fix (then emailed him what/how I did it)...haven't heard back from them since Friday.

will get to testing again later today...hopefully...lost 2wks of finished work and a week off because of that crash. Peace

Comment

Well I figured out whats been giving me fits the past week or so...Damn human error....kicking myself..and no scan caught it!

Comment

Working...
              X