AMD FX 8320 Not getting results as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD FX 8320 Not getting results as expected

Hello, I was hopen to get a score around 8000 but it's around 6.5 - 7.3 with passmark full cpu 64 bit. Is there a reason for this? maby my motherboard fail ? motherboard : ASUS M5A97 R2.0 - Socket AM3+ - ATX AMD 970 - 4 x DDR3 - SATA600/USB3.0 Thanks for help.

Are you referring to the CPUMark or the overall PassMark rating, or some other value?

If you aren't getting the scores you expect then check out this post to start with,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

i run a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on an ssd. i was referting to the score : http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...320+Eight-Core

Comment

my basic concern is if my motherboard is the cause of the lower score, or does the cpu simply change from 3.5 ghz to 4 on its own that causes the difference?. Because if my motherboard is the problem i could return it.

Comment

I think it is impossible that you got a score of 6.5 for the CPUMark.

Maybe you are looking at the wrong figure?

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            I think it is impossible that you got a score of 6.5 for the CPUMark. Maybe you are looking at the wrong figure?
            http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...320+Eight-Core

Comment

The page you linked to shows the average score for a FX-8350, which is a CPUMark value of 8169.

It doesn't tell me anything about your claim that you got a score of 6 in the same benchmark test. I would think it is impossible you got a score this low. The machine would be so slow it wouldn't even boot into Windows.

If you have runs the tests and submitted a baseline result, do you have the URL or the baseline number, so we can have a look at the actual results you got.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
                The page you linked to shows the average score for a FX-8350, which is a CPUMark value of 8169.

It doesn't tell me anything about your claim that you got a score of 6 in the same benchmark test. I would think it is impossible you got a score this low. The machine would be so slow it wouldn't even boot into Windows.

If you have runs the tests and submitted a baseline result, do you have the URL or the baseline number, so we can have a look at the actual results you got.
                I think he couldn't make you understand, btw i am also having the same problem. my average cpu mark score is 7608 without overclocking, i mean keeping everything at stock.
                My mobo is msi 970A-g43. i also doubt that it is a problem with the motherboard with issues regarding cpu throttling. But if i force it to run at 4Ghz then my cpu mark score jumps to 8357.
                At stock it shows that it is even slower than 8150 by a 3% difference.
                I am wondering whether i should change my motherboard or RMA my cpu.

Comment

btw i am also having the same problem
                  Wouldn't seem so. Original poster was claiming his CPU was running at 0.07% of it's expected performance. Although I think it was more likely they were just very confused and didn't have any major problem at all.

You are getting 93% of expected performance. Or 102% is you overclock.
                  So it seems unlikely that anything is faulty. If you look at it from the point that about 50% of people are (by definition) going to be below average then 93% isn't anything to be alarmed about. Not everyone can be above average.

As to why you are 7% down I can't say. You need to investigate stuff like,
                  - System and CPU temperatures
                  - RAM timings.
                  - BIOS version
                  - Windows power settings

Comment

Originally posted by rick View Post
                    Hello, I was hopen to get a score around 8000 but it's around 6.5 - 7.3 with passmark full cpu 64 bit. Is there a reason for this? maby my motherboard fail ? motherboard : ASUS M5A97 R2.0 - Socket AM3+ - ATX AMD 970 - 4 x DDR3 - SATA600/USB3.0 Thanks for help.
                    Enable HPC mode in bios. And run test again

http://www.abload.de/img/fx8300-piledriver-visrls3b.png

Comment

Working...
                    X