Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PET 9 error message running 3d graphics test for directx 12 w Intel uhd graphics 605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PET 9 error message running 3d graphics test for directx 12 w Intel uhd graphics 605

Performance test loads/runs ok except when testing the 3D graphics directx 12 capability on Acer Aspire XC-830-EB11 with Intel Silver Pentium J5005 cpu & Intel UHD Graphics 605. No additional graphics cards installed. Windows 10 Home all updates applied to today & latest BIOS installed R01-B0 A A.

Performance test stops and announces that either Directx 12 is unsupported on this device or an antivirus is blocking the launch of the testing software.

DXDIAG shows Directx 12 installed and no problems found.
    Turned off windows Defender
    Reran test

No difference. same message

Then for a change of pace I ran the individual graphics test for 3D & Directx12. Test launches OK & runs but after a period of time stops and announces Error -2005270523.

Any ideas appreciated. If the hardware here is at fault or there is a known bug in the Intel device or Acer motherboard I would appreciate knowing. I still have a few days left to return this device and await a future version. I love the low power consumption of this box 10 Watts total typically as measured with a power meter.

(I have an older desktop PC from Acer Aspire with an Intel Pentium J3710 cpu and this test has run OK every time on it)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).png
Views:	889
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	45494 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (5).png
Views:	814
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	45495

While it's technically possible to run the DX12 test on this card in reality it will struggle due to the limited resources it has so it's possible the card is running out of memory during the test or there is a memory leak in the device driver that could cause a similar situation.

The error code is DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED, we have seen this before for the DX12 test in cases where software like EVGA PRECISION XOC or ASUS AISuite3 installed so if you have any software like this you can try disabling it before running the test (more information in the FAQ section "The Directx 12 test doesn't run & I get a white screen or crash instead.").
    Last edited by Tim (PassMark); Sep-26-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X