Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing stalls at DX9 test

Hi all,

I built my own computer and found that it seems a little slow or off at times so I looked around for a benchmarking tool.

Please find my debugging log results here - https://pastebin.com/8J7Adhvc

I truncated the log as it was 10mb otherwise and just kept repeating the last line.

I have the latest bios and drivers installed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for all your help,
    Fushly

P.S. I always use the official benchmarks to make purchase decisions, love your work!

Are running any screen capture or overlay software? If so, can you disable or uninstall before running PerformanceTest.

Comment

Thank you very much! I found that the monitor software that allows different splits of the screen was to blame (called Easy Setting Box). I got a full result and my computer seems to be working well!

Perhaps I'll focus on this software as maybe causing the slow downs I have been having problems with.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

There is actually a lot of 3rd party software that can mess with the 3D tests and stop them running. Afterburner and Riva Tuner Statistics Server are the worst recent offenders.
        This Samsung "Easy Setting Box" software is a new one however.

These are the errors from the log in case anyone else seems the same problem
        1. 274.828s - DEBUG: DX9 using adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
        2. 275.359s - DEBUG 3D: Lost Focus (-2005530520)
        3. 275.359s - DEBUG 3D: D3DERR_DEVICELOST
        4. 275.359s - DEBUG 3D: D3DERR_DEVICELOST
        5. 275.359s - DEBUG 3D: D3DERR_DEVICELOST

I don't know why anyone would want to use this Easy Setting Box software as it is already possible to tile & cascade applications in Windows (right click on Windows toolbar)

Comment

Working...
        X