Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD RADEON RG2133 Gamer series 16gb bad result

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820403002

my ram is that : in the memory mark = 1557 why so bad?

my bios is set amp = 2133mhz

anyone know why that ram dont have a good score ?

On newer machines the memory controller is in the CPU itself.

So the memory performance depends on,
    1) The CPU type and speed
    2) The RAM type and speed
    3) BIOS settings

I assuming as you have AMD RAM, you also have a AMD CPU. The AMD CPUs tend to get lower results than the Intel CPUs.

Comment

thank you david here my computer mb: asus rog crosshair v formula-z , amd9590fx bios amp 2133mhz i still cant understand i will get my old 1600 kingston hyperx to compare..
      Last edited by masavoie; Dec-01-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masavoie View Post
        i still cant understand...
        In fact, for the hardware you have the memory mark seems to be about what I would expect. Why do think it is bad.
        (By this I mean it is clearly bad compared to the best Intel CPUs, but it isn't bad for the hardware you have)

Comment

ok but amdfx9590 is a great processor what type of ram i need to get a good score with that cpu ???? i should go with 2400mhz with the vendor list of the motherboard and get the best in the benchmark char amd ??? i know i should open a new thread but just for the conclusion please i need to know ,,,,,,,, and final question ht link 2200 or 2600 make difference in cpu mark ??? thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            In fact, for the hardware you have the memory mark seems to be about what I would expect.
            so what i need to fix to get a good memory mark over 2000 ???? motherboard: asus crosshair-v formula-z, processor amd9590fx liquid kit , gtx770 gigabyte oc4gb , i get ALL GOOD MARK except the RAM !!! any chance to get better score in RAM if YES please help me

Comment

ok but amdfx9590 is a great processor
              That's your opinion and unfortunately it isn't opinion that determines if a CPU is fast or not.

what type of ram i need to get a good score with that cpu ???? and final question ht link 2200 or 2600 make difference in cpu mark ??? thank you very much
              Getting fast RAM can help slightly, but in terms of getting maximum RAM bandwidth the real problem is the CPU. The AMD memory controllers just aren't as fast as the best Intel controllers at the moment.

Comment

Intel Xeon E5-4650 @ 2.70GHz 11,801 $3,899.99*
                Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz 11,566 $583.00*
                Intel Xeon E5-2470 @ 2.30GHz 11,149 $1,479.99
                Intel Xeon E5-2650 @ 2.00GHz 10,569 $1,115.99
                AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core 10,490

it still good if i chek cpu mark , but it ok i still dont know what to do to get better RAM MARK

Comment

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-9590.html supported memory 1866 so i understand now if i need better ram i should pick in the 1866ddr3 vendor list of asus crosshair v formula or gonna make no difference?

Comment

If you are already running DDR3 2133 then I don't think you are going to get anything significantly faster. At least nothing that is worth paying for.

Comment

i still dont know what to do to get better RAM MARK
                      I would suggest getting a i7-4770K, and overclocking it, if you need the better RAM bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
                      X