Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low CPU score. Passmark 9. i5-9600K stock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
    The description of the tests are in the help file under "Standard Test Descriptions->CPU Test Suite".

For PerformanceTest V9,

The Compression Test measures the speed that the CPU can compress blocks of data into smaller blocks of data without losing any of the original data. The result is reported in Kilobytes per Second. This test uses complex data structures and complex data manipulation techniques to perform a function that is very common in software applications, ranging from backup software to Email software. The compression test uses an Adaptive encoding algorithm based on a method described by from Ian H. Witten, Radford M. Neal, and John G. Cleary in an article called “Arithmetic Coding for Data Compression”. The system uses a model which maintains the probability of each symbol being the next encoded. It reports a compression rate of 363% for English text, which is slightly better than the classic Huffman method. This tests uses memory buffers totaling about 16kb per core.

For PerformanceTest V10,

The compression test uses Crypto++ (http://www.cryptopp.com/) Gzip (based on the DEFLATE compression algorithm). A buffer of pseudo randomly generated lower case and space characters is compressed in 4 megabyte blocks. This test reports its results in Kbytes/Sec compressed.
    Thanks for the explanation. Do you know why my compression score is low? I tried tons of things, bios update, default bios configuration, xmp 1, xmp 2, manual ram configuration, xmp disabled, changing ram slots, reinstalling the cpu, another installation of windows in another ssd, another kit of ram, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    The description of the tests are in the help file under "Standard Test Descriptions->CPU Test Suite".

For PerformanceTest V9,

The Compression Test measures the speed that the CPU can compress blocks of data into smaller blocks of data without losing any of the original data. The result is reported in Kilobytes per Second. This test uses complex data structures and complex data manipulation techniques to perform a function that is very common in software applications, ranging from backup software to Email software. The compression test uses an Adaptive encoding algorithm based on a method described by from Ian H. Witten, Radford M. Neal, and John G. Cleary in an article called “Arithmetic Coding for Data Compression”. The system uses a model which maintains the probability of each symbol being the next encoded. It reports a compression rate of 363% for English text, which is slightly better than the classic Huffman method. This tests uses memory buffers totaling about 16kb per core.

For PerformanceTest V10,

The compression test uses Crypto++ (http://www.cryptopp.com/) Gzip (based on the DEFLATE compression algorithm). A buffer of pseudo randomly generated lower case and space characters is compressed in 4 megabyte blocks. This test reports its results in Kbytes/Sec compressed.

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
    Would be a strange CPU fault to just slow down certain operations (but still apparently otherwise work correctly).
    How compression works? I dont have another cpu to test...
    Last edited by LeoLOST23; Jan-23-2020, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Would be a strange CPU fault to just slow down certain operations (but still apparently otherwise work correctly).

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    I checked the results from 6 other similar machines with the same CPU and your machine is a bit low by comparison.
    But don't know the cause. At least not without a deep investigation.
    I reinstalled the CPU and the cooler, i tried a different set of RAM, i removed the graphics card and still get the same results. I'm beginning to think it's the CPU.

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    I checked the results from 6 other similar machines with the same CPU and your machine is a bit low by comparison.
    I have a good PSU, bitfenix whisper m 750w. The only thing is that this PSU only have an 8-pin connector, but for stock clocks is enough i think. The complete system is:

i5-9600k stock
    ASUS Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx Predator DDR4 2933MHz (XMP enabled)
    BitFenix Whisper M 750w 80 Plus Gold
    NVMe Micron 2200 256gb
    SSD Samsung EVO 860 1tb
    Corsair H100i v2
    3x Thermaltake Riing White LED 120mm
    Thermaltake Versa H34

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Yeah, i checked that too. The lowest score is the "compression" test and a little bit the "single thread" test. But i checked GPU, RAM and SSD's and i get excellent results (i posted above). Something is "wrong" with the CPU or its drivers, don't know because i installed the latest drivers. Here are the other results again:

Graphics Card: 14.849 vs 14.052 (passmark site)
    M.2 Micron 2200 256gb: 13.523 vs 11.273 (passmark site)
    SATA Samsung 1tb EVO 860: 5.309 vs 4.870 (passmark site)
    RAM: read/write 19.236/15.205 vs read/write 18.562/14.399 (passmark site) - RAM score: 3488

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Are you sure you RAM is in dual channel mode?
    Same thing. I tried EVERYTHING except another CPU, but running Cinbench R15 and R20 and CPUZ benchmark everything is fine. What's going on?

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Yes, its in dual channel. Im gonna try changing the ram to the other dimm slots and see what happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untaitled.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	46341

Attached Files
    Last edited by LeoLOST23; Jan-22-2020, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    Anyone??? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    See this post to start with
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
    Hi, again! Here are my results compared vs your average scores:

CPU: 12.521 (low score in compression) vs 13.510 (passmark site)
    Graphics Card: 14.849 vs 14.052 (passmark site)
    M.2 Micron 2200 256gb: 13.523 vs 11.273 (passmark site)
    SATA Samsung 1tb EVO 860: 5.309 vs 4.870 (passmark site)
    RAM: read/write 19.236/15.205 vs read/write 18.562/14.399 (passmark site) - RAM score: 3488

Everything seems fine, except for the CPU.
    Last edited by LeoLOST23; Jan-19-2020, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2714.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	46306 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2715.jpg
Views:	1068
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	46307

See this post to start with
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
    Here i found a "normal" score on the web vs my score. Compression is TOO low. Which can be the problem?

Leave a comment:

• LeoLOST23
    replied
    I did a fresh install of Windows.
    I have SSD's (no need to defragment them).
    I have an RTX 2070 and i don't use the integrated graphics.
    All other scores are ok, just the CPU is low. I updated to the latest BIOS. I tried the BIOS on default.
    I enabled and disabled XMP, i set it to manual too. Same thing.
    I tried another installation of Windows in another SSD.
    Cinebench R15 and R20 give me good scores (same as on internet).
    The CPU runs at 55-56 degrees C tops.
    Nothing is running on the background.

Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by LeoLOST23; Jan-19-2020, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X