Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct3D device has a non-zero reference count error when testing 3D Graphics Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct3D device has a non-zero reference count error when testing 3D Graphics Mark

With PerformanceTest 10.0, on all PCs I get this error when the test comes to "GPU Compute".

This seems be be a fairly common DirectX error. Lots of gamers are reporting it with various different games.

So very likely it is a device driver bug. Maybe linked to particular hardware of device driver version.

In our case we are guessing you saw it in the "n-body" GPU computer test. The error only occurs after the test has completed, when releasing 3D resources. So the error can be ignored and we'll stop displaying it in the next PerformanceTest 10 patch release as a work-around solution.

Comment

On ALL PCs (W10 64b), with PerformanceTest 10.0, ran from USb stick (not when ran from installation on the PCs harddisk), I get the error "The Direct3D device has a non-zero reference count" and cannot continue when the test comes to "GPU Compute".
      When clicking OK, i get a second error "NBodyGravityCS11-Could not find required media".
      Clicking OK again makes it continue, but afterwards there is no value in the 3D Mark.
      Installation on other USB stick does the same.

Comment

Are you using the latest build of PerformanceTest (V10.0 build 1004)?

Did you create the USB install by using the "Install PerformanceTest to USB drive" menu item from an installed version PerformanceTest or did you install directly to the USB drive from the installer program?

Comment

1) i installed it to usb from the installed version.
          2) update to 10.0.4 SOLVED the problem! Thanks to Passmark for fast and effective solution!

Comment

Working...
          X