Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Results?

WOW! Great program. Highly impressed.
    I'm using it to take an inventory of all the systems at my office.
    I'm running the test then saving the baseline as that computer's name. I can view the baselines in a long screen.
    Am I using this properly?
    Is there a way to export these results into, for example, an excel spreadsheet?

Yes, this was the intention. You can also upload the results if you want to contribute to the global database of results (and download other people's results).

There is an option under the File menu to save the results as Text. This includes a CSV option for Excel.

Comment

Thank you.
      The Formatted text gives the PC specs, but no ratings
      The tab & comma separated gives ratings, no specs.
      Ideally, I'd like to export the specs with the overall rating to a tab or semicolon separated data file.

Comment

Currently the CSV and tab formatted exports from the File menu don't include the system information, so we're going to look at adding an option on the dialog window to include it

Comment

Thank you.

For me, and probably for most office environments, the value of this program is in taking an inventory of the PC's in my office. I would simply like to know what's in each PC and whether it's a slow one or a fast one. A few very basic changes would add this functionality. In my opinion, offering this would open up an entirely new market for you. Where currently, you are ideal for high-tech computer shops, simply changing your report formats would make your sw perfect for any office.

The current Baseline screen is perfect. The only addition needed would be the ability to highlight a baseline, click, and see (and print) the pc specs, along with the baseline metrics shown in the current baseline screen. I could create a "Inventory Sheet" for each PC.

The export function would create a spreadsheet with similar information.
          As a minimum, being able to export the current baseline screen (without the full specs) would be functional.

As I'm filling this post with unsolicited advice...

A step further might be a recommendation if there is something in particular (like an video card) that is causing the rating to tank.

Regards,
          Mark

Comment

We added an option to export the system information for the TAB and Semi Colon separated formats in this build, please give a try and let us know how it goes.

We still have a few more changes to make so we will likely not do a public release with these changes available until next week.

Comment

Working...
            X