Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Disk Test Scripting Doesn't work

PerformanceTest v8 build 1031 Tested both on Win7 32 and 64 bit systems

Followed example in guide to script Advanced Disk Test, but it ignores the ADT_ADDTHREAD command. Error message is that at least one thread must be added before running test.

Here's an example of a ptscript:

ADT_ADDTHREAD C 1048576 4096 UNCACHED ASYNCH 80 80 80
    ADT_SETEXPORT CSV SVT "..\logs\PassMark-AdvancedDiskTest.csv"
    ADT_RUNTESTS 30 1250
    EXIT

(Note: Doc says you have to put the graph type in, even though it only applies to html)

I know it's reading the ptscript because neither a run time of 30, nor an update time of 1250 are in the drop downs, yet that's what test will show.

If I add a thread manually, it will run, automated but not with the above test specifications, just the ones I entered manually. It will respect the duration and update time.

Another reason I know it's reading the ptscript is that when add thread manually, and have the ADT_REMOVEALLTHREADS argument at \the top of my script, it will remove the pre-existing thread and give the at least one thread error again.

It appears the information about existing threads is stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\PassMark\PerformanceTest\LastUsed.c fg, but that's a binary file which I can't edit on the fly.

So it would seem the only way to automate the test is to copy around the LastUsed.cfg, but you're stuck with whatever the specifications were that you added manually.

The ADT_SETEXPORT is also ignored, regardless if csv or html. I've tried adding an extra zero in, like the example, but I think that's just poor documentation, as that should only be for LBA min and max if using a raw partition.

The issue is with the script you provided (and in partly our documentation). Even if some parameters are not use for the test type chosen it is still required.

For the ADT_ADDTHREAD command the proper syntax is
    ADT_ADDTHREAD <Drive letter/number> <File Size in KB> <Block Size> <Access Method> <Request Mode> <IO Queue length> <Reading/Writing %> <Sequential/Random %> <Data Randomness %> <Min LBA> < Max LBA>

You are missing the last three parameters <Data Randomness %>, <Min LBA> and <Max LBA>. Min LBA and Max LBA must be specified in the script regardless if they are used or not.

While you have the proper syntax for the ADT_SETEXPORT command, the issue is with the <File Name> parameter you specified. The <File Name> should be the full path to the file (and without quotes).

So the script similar to below will work.

ADT_ADDTHREAD C 1048576 4096 UNCACHED ASYNCH 80 80 80 0 0 0
    ADT_SETEXPORT CSV SVT C:\logs\PassMark-AdvancedDiskTest.csv
    ADT_RUNTESTS 30 1250
    EXIT

Partly, this is our fault. The help documentation shows incorrect syntax for some examples. Seems we expanded the functionality of some of the ADT_ commands but did not properly update the examples to match. We'll fixed this for the next build release of PerformanceTest. We will also fix the ADT_SETEXPORT command to accept a quoted or unquoted FULL path as well.

Comment

Well, I feel dumb, but thank you! I swore I added the extra zeros in, but I was apparently missing the data randomness. FYI, the log does with a relative path, just tested it and worked like a champ. It's how I've always used your log feature in order not worry about white space problems in a path.

Thanks again, great product and great support!

Comment

Working...
      X