Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Performance 1/4th of Average

Hello,
    I got a new GPU R9 270x, unfortunately its performance seems to be way too slow, especially in certain tests, I uploaded a picture containing the GPU tests
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/qn3704.jpg

My CPU is an old Intel Core 2 Duo E4600
    My Motherboard is GIGABYTE 945GCM-S2L
    and I have 2 GB Ram DDR2

I believe the problem is caused by my motherboard because the amd control panel shows the Bus Setting to be "PCI Express x1" when in fact I connected it to the x16 slot, and it acts kind of weird like when the power cuts off, the clock of the pc resets, and I have to readjust the date and time, and when I connect speakers the usb mouse disconnects and I have to reconnect it.

Can someone tell me the cause of this problem is it the motherboard or is the CPU too old for this GPU?

Thanks in advance,

It might be the the integrated GPU on the motherboard is using the single PCI-E x16 interface that available on this motherboard. Did you try disabling it?

Also check the BIOS is up to date.

Also look at the items in this post
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

I checked all the options in bios and found nothing there to disable the onboard GPU, I don't think that it's running anyway. How do I make sure?

And the post Causes and Solutions for a slow PC did not help me with my issue

Comment

I forgot to say something important, I had an older GPU 9600 GT which was fried likely due to a bad PSU, now I replaced the PSU and the GPU, but maybe the mobo was damaged?

Comment

Working...
        X