2D Graphics Mark - Direct 2D Glitches/Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Graphics Mark - Direct 2D Glitches/Artifacts

I have a 2019 Razer Blade with an i7-9750H and RTX 2070 Max-Q.

When I run Passmark 9 or 10 everything is fine except for the Direct 2D test. For some reason that test causes graphical glitches/artifacts on my screen.

Some extra info:
    • The glitching (intermittent stuttering lines and dark patches) only remains while the Direct 2D test is running and only within a certain area near the test window.
    • If I move the Direct 2D test window around while the test is running the affected area moves with the window.
    • The problem does not happen when the test is run on battery power, only while the laptop is plugged in.
    • The problem does not happen when outputting directly from the dedicated video card to an external display.
    • I have not noticed artifacts or issues any other time using this computer and my other laptop and desktop do not display any issues on the same test.
    • Drivers have been changed and ram has been tested without any errors.
    I am wondering 2 things. Are there any other similar Direct 2D benchmarks to see if this is an isolated incident and could this be a sign of failing hardware if there are no issues on any of the other 2D and 3D graphics tests.

It isn't a known issue. Very likely it is some type of subtle hardware failure.

There is a video RAM memory test in our BurnInTest software that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      It isn't a known issue. Very likely it is some type of subtle hardware failure.

There is a video RAM memory test in our BurnInTest software that might help.
      Is that the "2D Graphics Test" or is there a different specific burn in test I should be looking for?

Comment

There is the 2D test (which has an option in the preferences for video ram testing) and the GPGPU test which tests for accurate results from GPU based computation.

Comment

Working...
        X