Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot complete test. What causes this error and how do I fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot complete test. What causes this error and how do I fix it?

I uploaded a picture of the error. It only happens when I run the full test. However, if I just run the disk test by itself, it completes just fine. I think the software, under full test is somehow reading one of Windows non accessible partitions that it creates when you install the OS, since those are the only partitions on my drive that have no available space. Otherwise, I have 3 regular partitions that I can access and they are 86%, 17% and 100% free space remaining.

Things I have tried:
    • Changing drive under test from default to another
    • Deleted the configuration file
    • Uninstall Performance test, remove registry entries and reinstalled.
    • I googled the error of course and none of the suggestions helped, such as this thread: https://forums.passmark.com/pc-hardw...-the-disk-test .....I deleted the configuration file and all of my partitions have plenty of gigabytes left of free space. Changing options didn't help. Other than that, I didn't find any answers that worked.
    • I paused my Antivirus and re-run tests.
    I use Windows 10 Home, version 1904 which only has a few games, Steam, Epic, Antivirus and of course Passmark installed. So there's not much there to interfere.

After deleting your config file (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\PassMark\Performanc eTest10\LastUsed.cfg) could you please launch PerformanceTest in debug mode and see if you can reproduce the problem (try running all the tests twice in a row) and then send us the debug logs that are created.

Comment

Working...
    X