QUICK question regarding comparisons in PT8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUICK question regarding comparisons in PT8.0

Why are the comparisons in the test for really low end stuff? from years back? I just bought the 4690k and its showing comparisons to the 3770k 8150 and lower. Why aren't these updated? I feel like the 4790k should be in there as well as the 8350 for the cpu portions and the gpu tests show the 680 as the highest comparison to my 970 when the 700 series aren't even in there at all.

The reference baselines were first created when PerformanceTest 8 was first released and were picked to show a range of hardware at the time. We are about to update some of these reference baselines however we can't have a matching reference baseline included by default for every new CPU that is released.

You can easily find similar baselines for your hardware by opening the baseline manager and clicking one of the preset search buttons (eg "Find same CPU").

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      The reference baselines were first created when PerformanceTest 8 was first released and were picked to show a range of hardware at the time. We are about to update some of these reference baselines however we can't have a matching reference baseline included by default for every new CPU that is released.

You can easily find similar baselines for your hardware by opening the baseline manager and clicking one of the preset search buttons (eg "Find same CPU").

Thanks. didn't know that

Comment

Working...
      X