Memory incorrectly reported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory incorrectly reported.

I get pretty good test on the rest of the PC. But the memory test is like 2.5 stars out of 5 I think. The memory is actually 1866 running at 1600 mhz in Bios which Bios sees as that. Yet Performance Test the Memory Mark shows up as PC 10600 which translates to 1333mhz.

Is there a way to adjust memory mark to see it correctly? Ok I am wrong performance test recognizes the memory correctly as shown in the attached photo at the end of test but when I ran it I swear that memory mark saw the memory as running at 1333 speed as it says DDR 3 Team Group Inc. PC3-10600.

Why is it running at 1333 in the test but it knows its 1866 in final baseline and the Bios sees it as 1600mhz?

Could this be related to the weak memory controller issue of the Fx-8350 CPU not being able to run 1866 memory? The CPU got high marks running at something like 4.8 ghz

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 A
    AMD 8350

Team Extreme 1866 16 gb DDR3 in 2 mated sets (2 x4gb) DIMMs at 1600mhz

I have never run a windows performance check so Windows 8 which currently using doesn't know anything about what the PC has. Is this info forwarded too memory mark? I would be surprised if that was the issue. Seems to be the lowest spec I have of components in the test.Click image for larger version

Name:	PC3-10600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	35168
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xp64; Nov-11-2014, 04:28 PM.

It's not running at a different speed during the test, just that a different information source was used for the display (the RAM information is gathered from a few different places).

The next build of PerformanceTest should display the same memory speed on the memory mark page as on the summary page (currently this is only happening if you save and load the baseline, not for the last test run for "This computer").

For the lower memory score, AMD systems currently don't perform as well as Intel based ones when accessing the memory.

Comment

Working...
    X