Performance Test a Android app beta 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Test a Android app beta 10

I see beta 10 build 1000 just came out. I just got two S21 Ultra's SM-G998U and the Passmark rating are around 11400 with all default settings on the phones. If I look at the rating for the same phone on your site it's 13552. There are only 3 samples. What version Performance test is being reported? V3? Using a different name on phones?Any insight appreciated.
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

The website is still using the PerformanceTest Mobile V3 results at the moment. We plan to incorporate V10 into the site once more results come in for us to check if they look okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
      The website is still using the PerformanceTest Mobile V3 results at the moment. We plan to incorporate V10 into the site once more results come in for us to check if they look okay.
      Does version 10 give lower overall scores? Checking the box to V3 results in near zero change in overall score for me.
      Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Only the CPU Test Suite was changed in PerformanceTest Mobile for Android V10, we made the CPU Test Suite the same as the Window's PerformanceTest V10, i.e. we added Physics Test, added Extended Instructions Test and updated/optimized the Encryption and Compression Test to match. The test modifiers were also changed to match those of PerformanceTest V10 so we can get a comparable CPU Mark across all platforms. The "Calculate V3 CPU Mark" option that is in the app is for personal/visual only, it uses the old formula without the new tests (but with the optimization to other tests). The results we are collecting in V10 and will be publishing online for the CPU Mark will be from V10. The CPU Mark is scaled (calculated from average of collection of devices we tested on) before calculating the Mobile PassMark score, the score should be similar, but we do expect there to be differences as tests were touched.

Note: We will gauge the feasibility, but there might be more changes coming as we try to standardize the test where possible for the various version of PerformanceTest across all platforms, e.g. we released PerformanceTest for Linux (x86/ARM). Some tests may not be able to be ported over, e.g. 2D/3D tests, and this may affect the PassMark rating in the future as well.

Comment

Working...
        X