Disabling certain tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling certain tests

Is it possible to disable certain tests in the overall Passmark Rating? Suppose I'm not interested in 3D graphics and CD performance. Still I want to be able to compare machines although the unwanted tests might influence the score a lot.

Might be a nice enhancement request

Also the weighed total score has certain predefined weighing factors:
    Disk 20%
    CD / DVD 9%
    Memory 18%
    3D Graph 12%
    2D Graph 14%
    CPU 27%

Would be nice if we could tweak this to individual needs (or set it to zero)

The Passmark rating is a fixed weighting of the individual results. I can see some advantage is allowing people to adjust weightings and remove tests. But if people could vary the weighting in a ad-hoc manner, then there would be no possibility for various people to compare their results. (which I think lessens the value of the tool).

You can however just look at the indivdual 'Mark' figures, like the disk mark and the 3D mark and ignore results that don't concern you.

You could also export all the results into Excel (CSV export) and then come up with your own forumla as well.

------
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Your remark about exporting to csv was very helpfull. One more question in this area: the overall weighing factors are documented in the help. But what about the individual subtests? How are they weighed into the category result? Is this documented too?

Grtz,

Comment

No, they are not documented. But it is a scaled average.

We can't just do an average becuase it would give to much weight to tests that typically produce big numbers and too little to tests that typically produce low results.

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X