low test score. what could it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low test score. what could it be?

i have a low test score of 243.8 i inel c 2.8 ghz 512 megs of ram and 256 meg fx 5500 video card. i went to intel and got some software to see what all my cpu supported and i got this info

The tested Intel(R) processor appears to be an engineering sample, not a production processor. The utility is designed to support production Intel processors only. Sample processors are not warranted by Intel, and are not intended for resale.

If this information differs from what was expected, please contact the PC system manufacturer or microprocessor place of purchase.

the cpu i got for free from a friend it had a broken off pin. and i soldered a wire on it and then clipped it to size. and it seams to run faster then my old amd athlon 2200+ but now i am wondering were my friend got this cpu. i looked up the model number off the cpu and only found one web page for it. and it said 2.8 ghz and a front bus of 533mhz and only 256kb L2 cashe memory. other then that i couldn't find anymore info on it. i wish i would of rate the numbers down. i dont feel like taking the cpu fan off and all. it wouldn't boot up at all with the broken pin. also got two free motherboards a abit SG-72 and a pcchips P25G i tested with the PCChips one. it has serial raid onboard and the abit didn't.

It is hard to say if the score is a good score for this CPU, if you don't know what type of CPU it is

This might be a silly question, but did you ask you friend where he got it from? Does he work for Intel or a partner of Intel? Or is it better not to know?

PerformanceTest should still report some basic information for the CPU, even if it is a sample. Using details like hyper threading support, cache size and number of cores, you might be able to guess at what type of CPU it is.

My guess based on the information provided is that you have a Celeron D 336 from the year 2004 (not worth very much now, and never a very high performance CPU even in 2004).

----
    David

Comment

thank you. its not giving me really any good info on it. whe the stuff i am useing. i tried to use intel processor identification untility when i got that other msg. when i looked up the number off the top of the chip it found one web page and it only told me 2.8 ghz 533 front side bus and 256kb L2 cashe. didn't have any more info then that. I just asked a friend about it. at first he told me he bought it and now he said it was gave to him by a friend. lol sounds as bad as the people on here faking there test scores.

Comment

Working...
      X