No announcement yet.

Windows 11 scores varied wildly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found one other baseline you uploaded from the same IP address: https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V...d=148754126352

Both baselines are not associated with any web user account, so My Baselines will not show any data.

For My Baselines to display your uploaded baselines, login to your Passmark account > My Services and make sure My Baselines service is enabled and show/request for a API key.
    You will then need to enter the API key into PerformanceTest in either the Preferences or Upload baseline window and select 'Upload with API Key' to start associating uploaded baselines to your web user account.

Comment

Seems there are more performance related Win11 patches that just arrived.

January 25, 2022—KB5008353
      "Addresses a performance regression issue that occurs when you enable the update sequence number (USN) journal."

This should help improve disk write performance. They claim this was fixed before, but now it is fixed again.

More details.
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-35d17de02c3a

Comment

More Win11 performance issues.

AMD discovered that certain Ryzen-powered Windows 11 and Windows 10 PCs experience intermittent performance stutters when running with fTPM (firmware TPM) enabled. The performance stutter is caused due to background memory transactions between Windows and the fTPM, to authenticate an action, as the fTPM serves the function of a hardware root of trust. Since the fTPM is part of the UEFI firmware that resides on the SPI flash EEPROM chip, the performance stutter is caused due to fTPM-related memory transactions with this chip.

TPM is "Trusted Platform Module" technology is designed to provide hardware-based, security-related functions. Usually this is a separate chip added to newer motherboards. fTPM performs the same security functions as a TPM, but it is embedded in the motherboard's firmware. A TPM of some sort is mandatory at the moment for Win11.

Firmware updates are planned for May 2022, but some motherboard vendors aren't very fast at releasing updates.

Comment

Working...
        X