Aligning Performance Between Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aligning Performance Between Components

Can anyone provide any guidance on how best to align performance between RAM, HD, CPU, and GPU? For example, suppose I have a GPU that gives me a benchmark of 10k with a CPU that benchmarks at say 1000. Obviously, I wouldn't see very good performance on the machine because my CPU is a tremendous bottleneck. If my aim was to get comparable benchmarking #'s from each component, would that mean that the machine has no bottleneck?... i.e. each component is well matched to each other component, or should I not look at the benchmarking #'s across components in that way?

My guess is that the benchmarking #s are good only relative to that component, comparing CPU1 vs CPU2 etc., but then how could I determine if performance levels across components are well matched?

Thanks in advance,
    Arbix

The best mix of hardware should depend on your usage. If you are doing just EMail and web browsing, then any old GPU will do fine.
    If you are running a database then RAM and disk speed might be what is important.

But for disk, CPU & GPU, the numbers are somewhat comparable.
    e.g. A score of 20,000 in CPUMark, DiskMark and 3Dmark will be fairly well balanced.

Comment

Working...
    X