Disk mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk mark

My AS SSD benchmark reads 481 sequential read and 138 sequential write best I got on performance test is 440 sequential read 135 sequential write. Write is close but read sure is lower and my drive shows up 500 read and 130 write on specs http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/storage-ssd-m500 is there a way to get a better read on test.
    thx
    my system is all update on drivers
    SSD is AHCI set

Amd Phenom II 1100T @4027 Mhz
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-970A-UD3 (rev. 1.0)
    8 GB DDR 3 1600
    AMD Radeon 7950 video
    Crucial SSD 120
    ST 1000 GB hdd

ps: I do get good scores on total performance best at 3238 with cpu running at 4139
    Last edited by howiewowie; Feb-04-2015, 06:53 AM.

The specs quotes by the vendors are typically the best possible numbers on the best possible hardware in the ideal circumstances. They aren't always realistic.

If might squeeze a bit more out of it by playing around with the advanced test settings. Try testing on an empty drive, after a manual trim, with very large block sizes and very large queue depth. Also use a large test file e.g. 16GB to avoid any caching effects. It is an artificial scenario, but it might get you slightly higher benchmark numbers.

But you're close enough to the theoretical specs that I don't think you are going to do much better.

Comment

Thank you for the info I'll try playing around a little its just a hobbie to me and sure is fun

Comment

Working...
      X