RTX 3070 very low 3D benchmark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX 3070 very low 3D benchmark...

I ran the 3D benchmark recently and it's at 57% percentile, 9179 score which is very low compared to other RTX 3070. It's the DX12(63%) and especially GPU compute(29%) that get low score, everything else is at 96%.

While running the test I get a message saying that it can't run at 3840 x 2160 desired resolution and that the score will be deducted by 60% I'm guessing that that's the issue?

The card seems to run fine when I'm playing games though, I can run RDR2 and cyberpunk ultra at 60 fps.

Does anyone know what might cause the problem? thanks

Maybe. If you were for example running a monitor with 800x600 resolution, then you should get much higher frame rates, as compared to the 3840 x 2160 (4K) desired resolution.

So the 60% penalty is just a estimate of what your frame rate might be if you could run at 4K. It is generally conservative (ie. on the low side).

But this doesn't explain the GPU compute score, which doesn't care too much about resolution.

There is a general list of GPU performance issues in this other post.

Comment

Like I said in the other guy's topic, resetting nvidia control panel to default fixed the GPU compute part, which is now really high. The 60% penalty msg was a part of the DX12 test, which, If I read your msg correctly seems intended since I only have 1080p and not a 4K screen. So it looks like all is fine.

Comment

Working...
      X