Curious results in 3D mark score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious results in 3D mark score

I just got a new laptop it has an RTX 2060 6GB, 10th gen i5, 8GB RAM...I tried a few games and deathloop now runs beautifully at ultra settings in HD...it really does look beautiful so I know the GPU is doing its job...
    What is confusing me is my 3D Mark in performance test 10.2...its a paltry 3,800, according to the site the average is 11,000 or so...my previous card the GTX 1650 scored 7000 but I know for a fact games run far far better on the 2060...anyone have any ideas what is going on please?

Can you send us a screenshot of scores for the individual tests of the 3D mark test?

Could try disabling G-Sync and updating GPU drivers

See this post to start with:
    https://forums.passmark.com/performa...-for-a-slow-pc

Comment

I changed the refresh rate to 'maximum' and vsync to 'off' in the nvidia control panel for this particular program (PerformanceTest 10.2)
      The 3D mark doubled but is still woefully below what it should be for this card (RTX 2060 (mobile))...
      As I say I am very happy with this laptops performance in gaming, games run wonderfully at high settings and look stunning, it is a very clear improvement over my last GPU the GTX 1650 which scored 7000 or so...I am not worried that my laptop is under performing at all, these results are just very curious. I include a screenshot of my results
      Edit: I would just like to add that 'TIme spy' scores me almost the spot on average score for my card, the demo also runs beautifully.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickC1969; May-03-2022, 06:23 AM.

Comment

SOLVED: I noticed in Nvidia control panel my secondary monitor (which isn't even in standby or turned on) was the primary monitor not my laptops screen...I removed the HDMI lead and the tests were immediately a higher frame rate straight from the bat...the eventual score was 10,555 which is perfectly acceptable!
        EDIT: After testing some games I think my GPU wasn't running at full speed all along as they now run even far better than before...
        Last edited by NickC1969; May-03-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickC1969 View Post
          SOLVED: I noticed in Nvidia control panel my secondary monitor (which isn't even in standby or turned on) was the primary monitor not my laptops screen...I removed the HDMI lead and the tests were immediately a higher frame rate straight from the bat...the eventual score was 10,555 which is perfectly acceptable!
          EDIT: After testing some games I think my GPU wasn't running at full speed all along as they now run even far better than before...
          After upgrading to windows 11 the HDMI problem stopped entirely and on top of that my 3D Mark for the RTX 2060 mobile is now around 12,500

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X