PassMark Comparison Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PassMark Comparison Confusion

I'm attempting to compare two PCs against each other. Ran the Performance Test and received the following results:

PC1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-05 12_18_46-Computer Passmark Comparison Benchmarks - Google Sheets.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	52936

PC2:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-05 12_19_02-Computer Passmark Comparison Benchmarks - Google Sheets.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	52937

PC1 has a higher CPU Mark and a dramatically higher Disk Mark. The Memory Marks between the two are close. The 3D Graphics Mark on PC2 edges out PC1 by a bit and the 2D Graphics Mark by a lot.

Taking all that into consideration, I would have expected to see the overall PassMark ratings between the two to be somewhat close. But instead, one is close to double over the other. How can that be? It certainly doesn't feel like PC2 is twice as powerful as PC1. I assume it is the individual Marks combined that provide the overall PassMark Rating, but it doesn't seem like this scenario makes sense to me. Am I missing something?

Formula for how Passmark rating is calculated can be found here:
    https://forums.passmark.com/performa...7382#post47382

PC1 had a low 2D score. A single low score can drag the score down significantly. All components in a system must be performing well in order for the final score to be high.

Comment

Working...
    X