Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU benchmark difference.

Hi guys,

I've had some serious slowdowns lately on my laptop. Especially noticable on frame rates when playing games.

It's a custom built laptop, but the important thing is that it has a nVidia GTX 765M and an Intel core i7-4700MQ.

Initially I thought the collapse in performance may have been GPU related or disk related. My primary SSD is fine, there are a few sector problems with my secondary HDD, but I thought it's responsible.

So when I ran the benchmarks, I found that the GPU is pretty much bang on. I got a result of 1947 vs the average of 1959 so clearly that isn't the problem.

I was slightly terrified of the CPU result though. It scored a 3989 vs the average of 7812. My CPU is running barely 50% of the listed average, why would that be?

And would it explain the drops in frame rate I'm experiencing?

Cheers for any tips.

*Update*

I just noticed that it says it's running at 1,500 MHz, even though it's supposed to be running at 2,400 MHz.

Comment

Have you checked the power options? It sounds like it is running in battery/power saving mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
        Have you checked the power options? It sounds like it is running in battery/power saving mode.

I ran the test with the charger plugged in and I've never tinkered with power settings as far as I know.

I don''t know why it would change recently, or why it would only affect the CPU and not the GPU. But I'll check it out.

Comment

The advanced options for the power plan settings will let you specify a min and max processor state so it's entirely possible for the plan to be only limiting the CPU as well as options to limit the CPU speed before increasing the fan speed to cool it.

Comment

Working...
          X