Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low 2D score while 3D all everything else seems ok

Dear Passmark team,

I've seen other users have issues with the 2D score but those were either on old hardware or using Win7 etc.
    My issue is similar but I'm running a 5950X with a 6900XT, and think my rig runs pretty well maintained overall (drivers, services, temp files etc.) and I run the latest PT10.2.1010.

What I've done so far is check other baselines - versus the Home in matching both CPU+Videocard I'm like 300 points behind (other: 1376, mine 1070ish) this is surprising.
    And even comparing to a bench I ran some months ago, this year, I'm like 150 points lower.
    What is also surprising is that G2D has so much influence on the overall score.

1. Any ideas?
    2. I do see some differences between PT versions - where can I find older versions, like older builds of major version 10?
    3. I do see some differences between OS versions - but I'm trying to avoid a downgrade at this stage

Thank you!
    Davy

PS: running on Win11 22H2 and 22.9.1 Adrenaline

There have been some Windows updates (like spectre mitigation and other security patches) that have affected benchmark scores.
    It's also possible that it's a Radeon driver update causing the difference.

2. I do see some differences between PT versions - where can I find older versions, like older builds of major version 10?
    Unless there was a specific update to a test like a bug fix there shouldn't be any real difference between builds of the same version of PT (it's built on the same system and the development environment shouldn't change).

Win11 22H2
    Most likely this your problem though, the 22H2 releases have been an absolute hot mess. We have seen a number of graphical issues in our own testing, including Nvidia drives being completely broken and requiring re-install. Microsoft broke device driver signing completely and it's only just recently they seem to have fixed it (requiring all affected device drivers to be re-submitted to Microsoft for signing).

Comment

Thank you Tim for those hints - meanwhile I came across some similar reports suggesting indeed it's about Microsoft.
      In my own testing I could also encapsulate an issue when RAM OC is not completely stable, which seems to affect 2Dmark somehow.
      So let's hope M$ will do their part preferably "yesterday"

Comment

Working...
      X