Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very low results with a I7 2600K CPU

Hi !
    I don't understand why my CPU benchmark results are so low in comparison with other results
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8...id=42901607830

In particular, the CPU Mark (4906.3). Here the details :
    CPU - Integer Math: 7438.2
    CPU - Floating Point Math: 3322.3
    CPU - Prime Numbers: 20.8
    CPU - Extended Instructions (SSE): 20.8
    CPU - Compression: 5636.7
    CPU - Encryption: 786.7
    CPU - Physics: 324.2
    CPU - Sorting: 3391.2
    CPU - Single Threaded: 1844.7

The current value of CPU Mark I saw for I7 2600k is around 10000

Is there something I missed ?

Thanks

There is a long list of common issues but first I would check you power options in control panel to make sure the system it isn't set to a power saving instead of high performance mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      There is a long list of common issues but first I would check you power options in control panel to make sure the system it isn't set to a power saving instead of high performance mode.
      Thank you for your answer ! :=)
      I saw this list and I checked each point, but it did not change anything.
      I also tried differents setups in the BIOS, and I had always the same low results
      I am a little confused with these low results.

Comment

I just has a more in depth look at your baseline and it seems your CPU is only reporting 2 cores instead of 4, which would account for why the score is so low, did you check msconfig?

If you open msconfig, go to the boot -> advanced options and make sure the the number of processors option is unchecked (this may be limiting your CPU to 2 cores).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
          I just has a more in depth look at your baseline and it seems your CPU is only reporting 2 cores instead of 4, which would account for why the score is so low, did you check msconfig?

If you open msconfig, go to the boot -> advanced options and make sure the the number of processors option is unchecked (this may be limiting your CPU to 2 cores).
          Hi,
          You are a genious ! Thanks a lot, it works.
          The number of processors was checked in MsConfig with the value 4. I unchecked, and now I have relevant results in the benchmark.
          I was persuaded that the number of processors in the Edit / Preferences window (4) was correct (It was one of my first checks). But with the I7 2600k it should be 8

Comment

Originally posted by Lbaien View Post
            Hi,
            You are a genious ! Thanks a lot for the tip, it works.
            The number of processors was checked in MsConfig with the value 4. I unchecked, and now I have relevant results in the benchmark.
            I was persuaded that the number of processors in the Edit / Preferences window (4) was correct (It was one of my first checks). But with the I7 2600k it should be 8
            Works for me too after changing the default value in msconfig.

Comment

Working...
            X