Clear All

• Did I buy a Lemon?

CPU : Intel Core i7-5775C @3.3GHz Score=2479
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Score =2D 463/3D 3576
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 800MHz Score = 1017
    MB:MSI Z97 PC MATE(MS-7850) Score=2001
    HD: Solid State OCZ-ARC100 223GB, and TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB score=4563
    NIC: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 100Mbps
    I got it for $1381. I play a lot of league of legends and the new computer actually performs worse than my laptop. I'm concerned about the network card. Unfortunately i bought it online from best buy since i did that I don't think i can return it i'm going to call about it tomorrow.

EDIT:
    After looking online it looks like it's definitely the processor this processor is meant to go in laptops and half of the processor is devoted to graphics. The CPU is meant to compete with low to mid-range graphics cards. If you are planning to get a graphics card do not use this CPU. So luckily bestbuy has a 15 day return policy so i'll be getting my money back and looking online for a PC. Now i'm a little older and a little wiser i'll be sure to research every part and not just the Graphics card.

EDIT2:
    CPU was fine. Heatsink fell off. See last post for details.
    Last edited by finalbossgamer; Jul-15-2015, 02:45 PM.

The i7-5775C is a new / rare CPU. So we don't have any numbers for it yet. But based on the specs it should do OK.

Would have expected it to do better than the 2479 score you posted above. Same for the 3D result.

Maybe have a look through this post.
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I had looked at the Causes and Solutions for a slow PC before posting, and the only thing that might be an issue is the CPU over heating i'll figure out a way to check that out when i test again. As for the other stuff the first thing i did was download avast, and malwarebytes and I've literally only downloaded league of legends, and eve to play around on. Both of the games aren't performing well. Im thinking it might be my crappy internet, but my laptop is still out performing my "Gaming PC". i'll also take a look at the extra windows services that are running. I felt like everything on the computer was a pretty solid pick, but i'm concerned with the erratic and low test results anywhere from 1500-2200. I'm going to pick up a game from walmart to test on it tonight to see if it's just a poor test taker and check out offline performance. Also, i'm going to do my best to get my money back in the mean time. Thanks for your help again.

Comment

Please delete this thread or update my original post. It was an issue with the Heatsink it came loose during shipping and the CPU was overheating after fixing that and rerunning the test i got over 5K on the test. and my games are running insanely fast.

Comment

Working...
        X