Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Benchmark - AMD FX 8350

Hello everyone!

My rig is an Asus M5A87 MOBO, a 750W PSU, AMD FX 8350, G-Skill Jigsaw RAM 8GB, two samsung EVO SSD's, and a brand new GTX 970. My overall benchmark was 3387.4, CPU was 8823, 2D Graphics were 581, 3D was 7649, memory was 1271, Disk mark was 4010. Are all of my hardware parts ok? are they all working as they should?

Thanks! I ask because I just switched cases and wanted to make sure nothign got damaged/ screwed up during the transition.

Number look like they are in the right ball park.

You can download "baselines" files from within the PerformanceTest software to compare your results to others.

There are also benchmark charts here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! The thing that kind of worries me is how low the 2D score was (even the GT630 beat my 970). Also how do people calculate their vid cards benchmark? I get a 2D rating and a 3D rating but thats it.

Thanks!

Comment

Most people aren't interested in 2D (including the video card vendors). So everyone focuses on the 3D result.

Comment

Awesome thanks! One last question, I noticed the last two times I ran the benchmark (doing the exact same thing as the first one, fresh after restart) my 3D mark was 7588. Does this mean anything or is it just a slight variation that I shouldnt be worried about. Also I noticed my 3D mark is over 1000 lower than the average (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...eForce+GTX+970), should I be worried about this/does this reflect that something is wrong?

Thanks!

Comment

3D mark also depends a bit on the CPU. And the AMD 8350 is a bit weak compared to the high end Intel CPUs. So for your combination of CPU/GPU it is about what to expect. (Note I haven't done an extensive study of the pairing, but at a quick look it seems OK).

The differences you measured is less than 1%. Which is totally insignificant.

Comment

Working...
            X