Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD RX 6950XT - Low 3D Direct12

Hi,
    I've worked with an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super for years and have now swapped it for the AMD RX6950XT. The performance is very good - except for 3D Direct12. The old RTX2080 achieved a maximum performance of 120 points, the RX6950, which is about 50% faster, only achieves 90 FPS. I have the latest Win11 updates, drivers etc installed everything. It seems to me that this cannot be! - e.g. on TimeSpy I have a performance increase from 13'000 to 21'800 for the graphics points. So why would Direct12 performance drop by 25%? - Isn't PerformanceTest designed for AMD cards?
    Thanks for an answer and best regards

Is v-sync enabled or your monitor refresh rate capped? The average FPS of the DirectX 12 test from user submitted benchmarks for RX 6950XT is around 118 Frames per second.

PassMark - Radeon RX 6950 XT - Price performance comparison (videocardbenchmark.net)

Comment

No v-sync is not enabled and the monitor refresh rate ist 60Hz.

Comment

Did a fresh Windows 11 installation and installed the latest AMD Adrenaline driver on it. It gives the card a good boost - but unfortunately not in the Direct12 test part. But be careful! The Adrenalin 23.2.1 (WHQL) driver appears to be causing black screens. Wait for the next versions before equipping a work PC with them.
        Still, in terms of FPS, it's strange that the new RX6950 performs worse than the old RTX2080 Super - of course with the same screen - also at 60Hz. I switched from HDMI to DisplayPort - doesn't make a difference.
        Last edited by beat.ungricht@gmail.com; Feb-19-2023, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I'm having the same problem, in the DirectX 12 3D test the frame rate is capped at 90 fps, causing the test results to be about 3 times lower than expected (I know that when running the test at a low monitor resolution, the test results are penalized). My computer: RX6800 video card, i5 12400 processor, Resizable BAR - enabled. Monitor resolution 1920x1080 60Hz. DirectX 12 test result for my system is 32 fps (Passmark average test result for RX 6800 graphics card is 92 fps)​

Comment

There is no frame rate cap in our benchmark (as that wouldn't make much sense).
            So if you are capped, it really has to be the interaction between the video card driver and monitor.

Comment

Working...
            X